Late notice on this (not my fault!), but the Bernal Business Alliance will host their annual Halloween Stroll on Cortland this evening.
It’s intended to be kid-friendly, so bring your little monsters to see and be seen — and scoop up piles of candy — beginning at 4 pm.
Here are some Pro Tips from Miss Lynn of the BBA:
In the excitement about the Giants this weekend I had forgotten to send out our guidelines for Halloween on Cortland on Wednesday October 31, 2012 – so here they are:
- IMPORTANT: Cortland does not get closed off for Halloween – so if you are walking keep your eyes/ears open for traffic; if you are driving in the neighborhood, remember that the smallest trick-or-treaters will be out and about from around 4pm.
- Please do not cross on the diagonal.
- Stick with friends.
- The Library will be open on Wednesday until 9pm.
- Make sure you have a meeting place pre-agreed with friends/family before going out – the Library might be a great option.
- The stores and the Neighborhood Center will generally start early with their treats around 4pm.
- Stores will shut down at 8pm.
PHOTO: Bernalwood’s Cub Reporter with her best friend Eddie on Cortland for Halloween, 2009. Photo by Telstar Logistics