Continuing a tradition that dates back many thousands of years, to the Age of the Ancient Bernal Druids, the 2014 Summer Stroll happens on Cortland Avenue tomorrow, Thursday, June 19. Solstice-style.
Sponsored by your local merchants from the Bernal Business Alliance, this year’s stroll features some sexy highlights:
- Lots of open doors, live music, snacky snacks, and spiked drinks for grownups from your favorite Cortland shops and restaurants. Miss Darcy from Heartfelt promises home-baked cookies! (Not the funny kind.)
- A rather cosmopolitan Art Walk, with local artists displaying their work along Cortland!
- A trusted source tells Bernalwood the new Red Hill Station restaurant will soft-open on the night of the Stroll, serving oysters, wine, and beer. (The full opening happens on Friday, 6/20; preview pictures here). Congrats, Neighbors Amy and Taylor!
- Also, after its brief transformation, the former Liberty Cafe will reopen in time for the stroll. Now renamed Bernal Star, the new motto is “Brunch. Burgers. Brews.” Drama!
- Miss Karen from The New Wheel adds, “We have new t-shirts! They were designed by Jennifer Keith on the North Side, printed by Pelican Print Shop down on Bayshore, and will be available in adult and kids sizes (medium and large) tomorrow near the library for just $10! I’ve attached a photo of the fabulous ladies of Heartfelt showcasing the look!” (Shown above)
That’s the executive summary; here’s the official 411 about what else you should look for at the 2014 Cortland Summer Stroll:
The Bernal Business Alliance cordially invites you to the 4th Annual Summer Stroll. Join friends, neighbors and local businesses, for a fun and festive evening all along Cortland Ave. Enjoy a variety of special treats offered by local merchants and restaurants, including live music, food and drink. This year’s stroll introduces a neighborhood Art Walk. Businesses along the Cortland corridor will be hosting the work of local Bernal Heights artists. So grab your friends and family and take a stroll down Cortland Ave. It’s sure to be a grand time for all!
Special thanks to the following local businesses for sponsoring this event: The Good Life Grocery, Bernal Hill Reality, Little Bee Baking, Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema, Inclusions Gallery, The Lucky Horseshoe, Heartfelt, Holy Water, Integral Body, The Liberty Cafe, The New Wheel, Bernal Beast, State Farm Insurance, Succulence, Fit Bernal Fit, Vega, Chamalyn Teas & Honey, Vinorosso Enoteca, Chef Stephanie, Netpop, Kingmond Young framing & photography, Climb Real Estate, Unlimited Hair Care, Chloe’s Closet, Bernal Business Alliance, Andi’s Market, The Wild Side West, Bernal Bucks, Moki’s Sushi and Pacific Grill